Our Governing Body adopted a procedure for dealing with complaints in line with the policy document from the Sheffield Education Department, which has been approved by the Secretary of State. This document is available from school or from the Local Authority.

Briefly, the procedure allows for complaints to be dealt with as quickly as possible and settled within a reasonable period of time. The process consists of several stages including the informal and formal steps. Our main aim is to ensure that the complaint is settled or that it proceeds to the next stage.

Our school procedure for dealing with complaints is set out below.

We expect all our pupils, staff and parents to listen carefully and respectfully to each other.

Minor complaints should be dealt with by your child’s class teacher.

All serious complaints should be explained to the Executive Headteacher so that a full investigation can take place.

Parents who are unhappy about some aspect of school life should contact us at once. Our Executive Headteacher will always meet concerned parents to try to resolve problems.

Any parent, who is still unhappy, should contact our Chair of Governors, Mrs Katie Bullock, via the school office or email

If you are a parent of a child with special educational needs (SEN) and want to complain about the support that we have provided, please contact Mrs Nicola Pearce, the School Governor with responsibility for SEN/D. She can be contacted via the school office or email

Finally, a parent can make a complaint directly to the Education Committee by contacting the Education Office at Howden House.